So far I’ve had exactly zero chances to storm chase this month. As evidenced in the above radar view all the setups have featured storms in the highly populated suburbia north of us (no thanks!) or to our southeast when I haven’t had the time to dive eastward for a – probably – futile tail chase. The forecast for the next seven days calls for thunderstorm possibilities each day, but the severity of said storms is in doubt with little or no upper level wind support. Still, a good storm can “pulse” severe when encountering mesoscale boundaries that our area tends to provide (river/bay breezes, outflow boundaries, etc.), so hope still exists. Even if nothing severe happens this week a decent thunderstorm is always worth observing, so I’m keeping my eye to the sky as much as possible. Will I be able to justify the cost of hanging onto the cellular aircard this month? Ask me in September.