Given the currently predicted track of Tropical Storm Nate there appears to be a window of opportunity Monday October 9th for a chase involving tropical remnants.
With Virginia on the east side of the predicted track of the center the moisture and helicity values may just make Monday worth considering. Of course it will probably be a high shear / low CAPE chase but this type of setup has paid off in past chases. I will be monitoring developments on the models over the weekend.
And if Monday doesn’t pan out Wednesday just might if a forecast cold front comes through during the heating of the day. Either way it looks like I can dust off the chasing equipment again before the 2017 season is finally in the books.